Tuesday 11 December 2012

strangers in bookshops

Today's weather remained wintry and on the verge of raining so eating warm food was a no-brainer. I returned to Din Tai Fung, World Square for the second time ever and I can stress that the experience was even better. For one, I tried new things - the Taro icecream, vegetable & pork dumpling in spicy sauce and Shanghainese drunken chicken. This time I saw how impressive the details in the decor were, as I was sitting in the lower area. The service was as great as my November trip to the restaurant, the staff are so attentive and my first dish arrived in no more than 2 minutes.


Blue Coral Italian Soda 


Hot and Sour Soup

Shanghainese style drunken chicken

Pork & vegetable wonton in a spicy sauce

Xiao Long Bao (Pork soup dumpling)

Vegetable & pork jiao zi
Taro icecream

Since I never get to go to Starbucks, I went to get a drink. They had such interesting festive drinks and I chose the Gingerbread Latte. Don't think I'd get it again because I couldn't pinpoint the strong spices that were in it. Too strong for my liking.

Also made a trip to Dymocks and coincidentally they had a 3 for 2 sale on pretty much all the books so I grabbed more Penguin Classics to expand my collection! Finally I have The Beautiful and Damned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment