Saturday 15 December 2012

day 1 + 2

Lunch before the flight, SumoSalad caesar salad
 
Casually looking for cognac at duty free! Pestered mum to let me buy a $10 mini bottle of Johnnie Walker (just for kicks) but she was worried I'd smash it somewhere...

Shameless selfies before heading onto the plane!

"Lunch" which wasn't all that bad. Pasta with pumpkin tasted of something familiar that I'd cook, the mustard salad was interesting and my brother took my bread roll

"Dinner" was a cheese sandwich and fruit cake that is currently squashed at the bottom of my backpack, oops.
 
Watched American Reunion and Magic Mike. Both were perfectly inappropriate movies which I actually liked! Here's Alex Pettyfer shaving his legs.
 
Touched down in HK at 9:40pm, half an hour earlier than expected. Then we got hella worried that our luggage was lost in transit; luckily it wasn't. Got my brother to push me on a luggage trolley through the airport which was fun albeit childish! But I'm sure heaps of people secretly love speeding through airports like that :)

Took the taxi back to Lam Tin where my cousins live. This is the view out from their 7th level flat.
 
Yesterday I took photos from the AUD$6 all you can eat sushi train at Sham Sui Po but they're on another cousin's phone. Anyway, that was the cheapest meal ever!

Yum cha this morning with an aunt; Mong Kok. It was great! AUD$30 for a filling brunch for 4

Headed to a steak place for a rest after shopping for shoes. Go to MK if you're fine with people swarming around you as you shop. I only went there because there are heaps of Converse and Vans stockists. Oh yes, cheap steak meals! 

Rib eye medium rare

Look at that MK traffic!

This is my cousin's dog and it defecated on one of the beds :( Haha silly thing!
 
Yesterday's SaSa haul. I am soooo not done with that place! Makes me realise how high our Australian tariffs are on imports.
 

 The Hong Kong humidity is not doing my skin any favours and there also seems to be a lack of dry shampoo in this city. Perhaps I'll have to adjust and wash my hair everyday now! Since heading outside for the past day, I feel dirty even if it's the smoke wafting around the air making contact with my face. Although I'm no foreigner to HK, it's always quite the culture shock whenever I travel here. For instance, people walk across roads when trucks and taxis are making their way around the place. They don't exactly stop for passersby so it's up to you to watch where you're going! In such a fast-paced city, anyone can count themselves lucky to make it out in one piece with their dignity intact.

0 comments:

Post a Comment